Job Number: z5G7h3l6a1kMvyS65NP3cwqwn8neqYDiyH8fwIl8qv8=
Pay Rate: 70-80 Hourly USD
The Enterprise Asset Management Department of the NYCT – Department of Subways (DOS) is seeking One (1) temporary consultant to serve as a Power BI report developer.
This position is to provide critical HxGN EAM sustainment support for DOS Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) needs.
- • Support DOS Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) sustainment efforts, with a focus on the scoping of BI solution sessions with business lines to capture business objectives and prioritize opportunities.
- • This position will play a primary role in the sustainment of the existing Power BI solutions under the management of the DOS EAM Department, with a focus on availability and maintenance as needs arise.
- • Under the direction of the Report Development Lead, extract transform and load data, using SQL.
- • Support the scoping of BI solution sessions with business lines to capture business objectives and prioritize opportunities
- • Create mock-up reports for proof-of-concept reviews.
- • Support and develop activities related to end-to-end data lifecycle management, including the review of data loads for accuracy and completeness.
- • Support DOS Business lead in developing system reporting solutions based on business needs.
- • Support DOS Business lead in creating, validating, executing and documenting test cases
- • Assist in the development of end-user training and reference materials
- • Perform or assist in end-user training
- • Assist in implementation go-live and post-go-live activities
- • Support requests from users to research system problems or errors, and to assist in their resolution
DELIVERABLES & DUE DATES
1. Support HxGN integration with Power BI solutions.
2. Configure Power BI to communicate valuable information to business lines.
QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- • Minimum 5 years HxGN EAM (or other EAM/enterprise data management software) experience.
- • Minimum 5 years of IT related experience
- • Minimum of 2 years of experience developing and implementing Power BI solutions, including modelling, design, development and testing of data visualization or paginated report solutions
- • Proficiency in Data Analysis (DAX), M, ETL (Power Query), SQL (or data extraction and integration tools) and performance optimization
- • Strong ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously and work within tight deadlines
- • Microsoft Power BI certifications or Azure certifications are an asset
- Experience working in an Agile project delivery model is an asset
3 Version 5/12/23
- • Understanding of complex relational database organization, design, and functionality.
- • Ability to communicate clearly in conversation and in presentations to both technical and non-technical staff and to provide updates to all levels of management and stakeholders
- • Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment
- • Ability to independently set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, a self-starter
- • Excellent inter-personal skills including the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization