International travel, potentially several weeks duration at a time, of up to 50% is required
Signing Bonus is Negotiable
Hiring Manager: John Garret
The Process Engineer is responsible for installation, commissioning and start-up of SCR Projects as required. This individual must become familiar with all major subsystems of copper and aluminum rod mills sold to customers and will provide process operations guidance and support. The Process Engineer will interface with other areas of the organization to drive continuous improvement in processes and equipment supplied by SCR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervises installation and start-up of SCR systems.
2. Installs, configures, and troubleshoots subsystems of the continuous processing system.
3. Identify process and/or equipment improvement opportunities.
4. Performs start up testing and customer training on features and general maintenance of the systems.
5. Must have a good understanding of equipment functions and be able to transfer operational knowledge to customers and new employees through training, publications, discussions, presentations, and other forms of communication.
6. Research and answer technical questions posed by our existing and prospective customers and new employees.
7. Produce daily progress reports during startups and field service visits.
8. Must clearly document customer visits, process audits, and problem-solving approach during troubleshooting.
9. International travel, potentially several weeks duration at a time, of up to 50% is required.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Engineering bachelor’s degree required – Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Industrial engineering degree.
2. 5 or more years of hands-on process, operations and/or maintenance engineering experience in an industrial environment.
3. Must have strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills, be a strong team player, have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and be flexible and adaptable to changing requirements.
4. Self-starter with a passion for problem solving and continuous improvement requiring minimal supervision.
5. Proven experience of successful completion of projects.
6. AutoCAD experience.
Interview Process: Phone -> Panel -> Final