• Support engagement tools and technologies.
• Provide audio-visual support for in-person and virtual engagements, including: consulting with business partners; hosting technical rehearsals; streaming and production support; managing and operating audio-visual equipment to ensure quality; and setting up physical environment for video conference, lighting, pipe and drape, and presentations displayed via appropriate media streams.
• Support audio-visual capital projects and upgrades by coordinating tasks; maintaining equipment; monitoring inventory; and installing, and programming equipment and end-user training.
• Recommend new equipment upgrades and compatibility based on industry knowledge, research, and cost/risk assessments.
• Support the continual advancement of audio-visual technology standards across the district’s approximate 175 meeting spaces, enabling seamless self-serve functionality that meets the evolving needs of the Bank.
• Troubleshoot, verify, and document audio-visual and video conferencing issues and coordinate resolution with other technical teams and stakeholders.
• Perform work independently and with some supervision and direction.