Director, Software Engineering
Irving, TX 75014 United States
About The Role
Avaya, the global leader in communication solutions, is seeking a dynamic and experienced software leader to join our Cloud R&D engineering team. As the Director of Software Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in driving the development of cutting-edge cloud applications that will revolutionize how businesses and customers collaborate.
With Avaya's strong position as the world's number one contact center solutions provider and a global digital communications software and services leader, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of talented engineers in creating innovative and impactful applications that will have a global impact. Your expertise in cloud technologies and software development will be crucial in setting and achieving timelines and targets for new feature development and architectural software designs, positioning Avaya at the forefront of the industry.
We are looking for leaders who thrive in a fast-paced, start-up-like environment and are driven by the opportunity to invent the future. Join us at Avaya and be part of a dynamic team shaping the future of communication through innovative cloud solutions. Apply now to embark on an exciting journey of building the future with us!
Provide strategic direction for designing, developing, testing, and deploying a cloud-native analytics solution encompassing multiple services and clients integrating with third parties. Lead and mentor a global team of software engineers to implement new features and functionality for Contact Center platforms. Define and communicate the technical vision for multiple teams working on the next-generation cloud services. Oversee the design, development, and deployment of cloud-based software services. Ensure security best practices are maintained and followed to protect our customers' data Recruit, hire, and retain world-class talent to build a high-performance team. Partner with product management counterparts to deliver on the vision and business priorities of the organization. Embrace a culture of continuous improvement and agility to drive innovation and excellence. Apply AI/ML techniques to meet business requirements and drive innovation. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure software solutions align with business objectives. Ensure software development adheres to industry best practices and standards. Mentor and coach software engineers and managers to improve their technical skills and knowledge. Develop and maintain software development roadmaps and implement best practices. Monitor and report on project progress to senior management.
Bring 10+ years of experience designing and building massively scalable and distributed software solutions. Strong leadership skills, including assessing and attracting top talent and building a high-performance team. Strong track record of driving adoption of software development best practices, including micro-service architecture, continuous deployment, DevOps, full-stack engineering, etc. Expertise in big data, business intelligence, and customer analytics to drive data-driven decision-making. Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies and platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. Experience with software development methodologies, e.g., Agile, Scrum. Hands-on experience with modern software development technologies and practices. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to drive innovation and overcome challenges. Experience with automation, testing, and monitoring tools to ensure high-quality software delivery. Deep technical understanding of cloud-native development and the ability to lead a cloud solution and/or migration to the cloud. Proven experience in managing multiple geographically distributed software development teams. Excellent communication and leadership skills to inspire and motivate the team. Proven track record of successful product delivery in a fast-paced environment. Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion and drive to explore new areas of innovation. Demonstrate knowledge of AI/ML and how to leverage it to solve business requirements. Bachelor's degree in computer science or related area of study. (Advanced degree in engineering, business, or related field a plus) Tips For A Successful Search: AVOID POTENTIAL CANDIDATES THAT HAVE WORKED AT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: • Moxie Software Inc.
• Plantronics, Inc.
• Marshall Electronics, Inc.
• Jacada, Inc.
• Tendzact LLC
• LogMeIn, Inc.
• IBM (only applicable for Senior Director and above)
• RingCentral, Inc.
• PWC (current or past company) SCREENING QUESTIONS: What is your reason for leaving your current role and employer, and what are you seeking to achieve in your next role? What is it that motivates you about Avaya and this opportunity specifically? Were you to be successful, what is your notice period/availability to start? What is your current authorization to work in the country of this position: 1. Permanent Authorization (Citizenship, Perm Residence); 2. Temporary Authorization (Visa, Temp, Work permit) 3. No Authorization? Please describe your current/last compensation package, including any bonus, cash allowances, equity and other benefits What are you salary expectations?
Compensation, Benefits, And Perks
The annual salary range for this role is xxxx57,900 to xxxx13,900. Total compensation also includes performance-related bonuses and benefits.
- Comprehensive health insurance plans for you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Wellness programs and employee assistance programs to support your well-being.
- Generous time-off policy to encourage regular breaks and recharge.
- Access to on-demand platforms for continuous learning and skill development.
- Fully funded cultural immersion program in another country to enhance your diversity lens.
- Regular check-ins with leaders to help you identify your path to success.
- Recognition for community impact and an annual company-wide Month of Giving.