Supervisory Analyst – Consumer Complaints
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Financial Institutions Supervision and Credit Division at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is responsible
for the supervision and regulation of state member banks, bank holding companies, savings and loan holding companies, financial holding companies, data service providers, trust companies and foreign banking organizations that operate in the 12th District. We supervise institutions in all states of the District and range in size and complexity from small community organizations to some of the largest banking organizations in the country.
Summary of the Job:
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco has a 12 month contract for a Consumer Complaints analyst within the Consumer Compliance Unit. You possess knowledge of consumer protection laws and regulations, & applied to the analysis and resolution of consumer complaints. Complaint investigations involve extensive contact with the public and bank personnel, thus requiring the need for discretion and independent discernment.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of complaint investigations in accordance with Reserve Bank and Board guidelines. This includes data submitted to the Federal Reserve System’s complaints information database.
- Monitor the Reserve’s Bank’s consumer complaints hotline.
- Work independently to conduct the investigation of consumer complaints against state member banks within designated timeframes.
- Analyze and fully understand issues presented by the complainant, identify any necessary follow-up with the complainant and/or bank staff, determine applicability and compliance with various laws and regulations, identify appropriate resolution, draft investigation summary letters, and determine the materials needed to support investigation findings.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of a variety of banking laws and regulations - including staying abreast of regulatory developments, emerging issues, and compliance trends – that have a significant impact on consumers.
- An applicant for employment in FISC must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or hold a permanent resident/green card with intent to become a U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree required or 4 years of applicable experience; a major in business, economics, finance, legal, accounting or a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of direct or comparable banking, financial, industry, or banking supervision experience. Consumer compliance experience is preferred.
- Examiner experience or a commission from a federal or state bank supervisory agency is preferred but not required.
-Knowledge of consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills and the ability to balance and prioritize multiple assignments as new priorities arise.
- The ability to work independently under minimal direct supervision or oversight.
- Demonstrates and models One Bank Behaviors to include: Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Accountability and Critical Thinking.
Consumer Complaints Analyst, potential for multiple positions. These also have the potential for CTH. MAX salary conversion would be 130k