Industry: Healthcare - Health Services
Job Number: z5G7h3l6a1kMvyS65NP3c2-8tICk0j_pqzKGMHJCsJA=
Pay Rate: N/A USD
General Statement of Duties
The IS Database Developer II is responsible for developing and maintaining database and ETL processes, as well as recommending and partnering in the design and development of effective solutions in support of business strategies. This role is essential toward maturing Client database and ETL development model. This position spends substantial time evaluating, architecting, and implementing IS priorities (plan, design, install, and maintain).
Essential Position Functions
- Actively participate in the design of custom databases and processes.
- Provide advanced database design support to the organization; lead small projects with assistance from supervisor or lead, and participate and consult on other projects.
- Collaborate with other IS teams on best practices of database design and development.
- Develop ETL processes for moderate to advanced activities.
- Develop moderate to advanced databases to meet application and web needs.
- Analyze business requirements; research and recommend solutions which include potential risks and mitigation.
- Develop and maintain appropriate technology documentation, including current design and operation.
Standards and Policy Administration
- Propose requirements, standards and best practices for database and ETL development.
- Participate in the ongoing review of existing systems to ensure they are designed to comply with established standards and to empower business operations.
Vendor Coordination and Relations
- Conduct product and vendor research, and present recommendations to more advanced database developers and/or management.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and related equipment suppliers, including installation and repair of services.
Essential Department and Organizational Functions
- Propose and implement process improvements.
- Meet deadlines for completion of job tasks.
- Maintain agreed upon work schedule.
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork.
- Provide cross-training on specific job responsibilities.
- Meet identified business goals that contribute to departmental goals.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge/skills with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- ETL tools, such as SSIS or Informatica
- Visual Studio
- Unit and integration testing
Note: For data warehouse focused roles, advanced knowledge/skills of the dimensional model required in lieu of knowledge/skill requirements above
- General knowledge of BizTalk (preferred)
- Advanced abilities in troubleshooting system performance issues and root cause
- Effective communication skills, including listening, verbal, written, and customer service
- Ability to clearly articulate policies and instructions
- Demonstrated progress in conveying appropriate level of detail effectively to all levels of the organization including non-technical staff
- Ability to recommend policies, document risks, and propose solutions to information technology management and senior leadership
- Possess a high degree of initiative and motivation
- Ability to effectively collaborate with coworkers, staff, and leaders across all departments
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 3 years of database and ETL development required. Experience should include some or all of the following:
- Database development and maintenance
- ETL development and maintenance
- Systems analysis and design
- Agile/Scrum methodology
Note: For data warehouse focused roles, minimum 3 years’ experience developing ETL for loading a dimensional model using a combination of T-SQL and SSIS 2012, 2014, or 2016
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field preferred
- Additional experience in related technology support and/or operational positions preferred