• This resource is required to work in collaboration with cloud service provider ensuring the Translation Management System meets business functional requirements, performance standards, security standards and AODA compliance.
• The Project Manager is required to manage the implementation of the solution on time and on budget, including data migration. The project will adopt the Agile Scrum delivery methodology, and so the Project Manager will need to have experience as a Product Owner.
• Ensure project deliverables meet clients’ business requirements on time, scope and budget, with a focus on cost-effectiveness, efficiencies and compliance with OPS project management methodologies and frameworks.
• As the Product Owner, using their high-level perspective to define goals and create a vision for development projects. Responsible for communicating with stakeholders across the board, including customers, business managers, and the development team to make sure the goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives.
• As the Product Owner, to be responsible for defining Stories and Use cases, prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components for the team.
• Responsible for creating the list of backlog items and prioritizing them based on the overall strategy and business objectives; responsible for mapping out project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development; responsible for prioritizing needs according to the needs and objectives of stakeholders; overseeing development of the product, defining / organizing iterations of the project and supporting the sprints.
• Proactively identify potential risk events and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed. Articulate and prioritize issues and risks at senior executive levels and recommend mitigation strategies for decision makers.
• Establish and participate in steering committee and stakeholder forums.
• Provide project / portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels.
• Assist the ministry with updating existing business processes to align with the new solution. Implement lean and efficient businesses, in accordance with industry best practices.
• Manage change management and communication, in collaboration with the stakeholders.
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
General Skills (60%):
• Strong Project Management, Communication, Leadership, Organization, Planning, Problem-solving, Risk assessment/management skills.
• Extensive proven experience gathering, developing and documenting business requirements and developing Business Cases.
• Proven skills to demonstrate in a Business Case: justification for undertaking a project, program or portfolio, describe vision of the future, demonstrate the value and benefits the project brings to the business, evaluate of the benefit, cost and risk of alternative options and provide a rationale for the preferred solution.
• Experience writing Business Cases using OPS methodology and templates is preferred.
• Extensive experience presenting the Business Case at various executive committees and obtaining its approvals.
• Strong vendor management skills.
• Extensive experience mapping business requirements to a new system. functionality, developing and executing test cases, tracking and monitoring application defects.
• Motivated and envelope pushing individual who can meet and exceed tight timelines.
• Ability to identify risks and gaps and provide solutions on how to mitigate those gaps.
• Experience leading organizational development, strategy development, business planning, and Ministry funding requests.
• Experience developing and managing integrated project plan, schedule, deliverables and scope.
• Experience effectively managing project budgets, monitoring and forecasting project costs and providing reporting and input to ensure targets are met.
Technical Skills (40%):
• Preferred experience procuring and delivering Cloud solutions and data migration to Cloud solutions.
• Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and GO-ITS standards.
• Experience using MS DevOps, MS Teams for project management software.
• Ability to make recommendations on the acquisition of software, hardware, and technology resources.
• Experience managing and coordinating project monitoring, anticipate and troubleshoot issues, provides ongoing expertise, resolve problems and provide project effectiveness.
Closing Day: 10-12-2023 @ 4:30 PM
**HYBRID - Up to 3 days on site and 2 remote**
**Looking to hire a Business Project Manager tor TMS Project. PM will help Business Owner manage business aspects of the particular project. PM will need to liaison with IT team, work directly with business on project plan on implementation from a business lens. Looking for a PM with a Business lens as opposed to an IT lens.**
- 7 + years Strong Business Project Management Experience - including Communication, Leadership, Organization, Planning, Problem-solving, Risk assessment/management skills.
- 7+ years Extensive experience mapping business requirements to a new system. functionality, developing and executing test cases, tracking and monitoring application defects.
-Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and GO-ITS standards.
Experience using MS DevOps, MS Teams for project management software.
Experience in creating presentation materials, collaborating with Sr. leadership, providing reports, creating documentation that is clear from an executive level.
Communication skills - verbal and written is very important for this role as they will be interacting with Sr. Leadership, ADM, Minster level.