Position: Senior SAP ABAP Developer
This position will interface with key stakeholders and apply technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Elicitation, Application Architecture definition and Design; play an important role in creating the high level design artifacts; deliver high quality code deliverables for a module, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation, transition and warranty. This is an opportunity to be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued
Qualifications and Experience:
· Minimum of 8 years of experience developing interfaces using SAP technology: ABAP, ALE/IDOCs, RFC, BAPI, BADI, OData (APIs), Forms
· Experience in researching, recommending, and developing SAP enhancements and using standard SAP load programs to load master/transactional data
· Extensive experience designing and coding ABAP (on HANA) Programs
· Extensive experience with S/4 (on HANA) or ECC/Business Suite (on HANA)
· Extensive experience in debugging, performance tuning and optimizing SAP programs
· Knowledge of SAP Functional Modules such as SAP Finance (FI), Controlling (CO), Project Systems (PS), SAP Human Resources (HR) is preferred
· Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
· Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
· Experience in developing applications in various modules including FI/CO/SD/MM
· Expertise in enhancing standard SAP functionality leveraging standard enhancements framework – User exists, Business Transaction Events (BTE), Business Add Ins (BADI), Enhancement Spots (Implicit & Explicit).
· Form Development experience in SAP-Script, Smart-forms and Adobe Forms.
· RF programming expertise using RF framework
· Module pool programming experience using custom controls (ALV/Tree/Image), OLE embedding, etc.,
· Experience in developing data migration programs, LSMW scripts (BDC, BAPI, IDOC, Direct/Batch Input) and GUIXT scripts, LTMC tool
· Configure & Development Business workflows & process driven workflows (BRF)
· BRF+ rules configuration
· Experience in ALE/IDOC developments, Distribution model configuration, change pointers activation, ABAP proxies.
· ABAP Restful programming
· Expertise in report programming using ALV, classical, drill down and interactive using ALV events
· Develop Info set queries and quick viewers queries
· Excellent knowledge of SQL programming (Open/Native(HANA))
· Knowledge of CTS, Solution Manager and CHARM
· Experience in code optimization, performance tuning and runtime analysis
· Expertise in using Code Inspector, Single Transaction Analysis, SQL Performance Trace, Runtime Analysis tools
· Experience in developing applications using object-oriented programming techniques.
· Strong experience in ABAP on HANA, AMDP, code push down techniques, CDS views, Business Object Processing Framework(BOPF) and backend oData services,
· Experience with SOAP and REST based services, and API design.
· Analytical skills
· Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
· Review and provide input to the functional specifications
· Designing and coding ABAP based RICEFW objects optimized for execution on a HANA system
· Perform unit testing of SAP programs and troubleshooting defects identified by users
· Work independently and/or within teams throughout all phases of the lifecycle
· Communicate with end-users, business analysts, and systems analysts to features, requirements and solution design
· Adhere to established design, coding, naming and standards Participate in code reviews and apply corrections as required
· Demonstrated experience with the above tools and technologies and backed byprofessional certification
· Strong documentation, communication, and presentations skills to facilitate knowledge transfer to SAP team
· Work with other senior developers, software architects and quality assurance engineers to resolve development roadblocks
· Work with the Technical Lead to create and own system design documentation following standard templates; take initiatives to periodically review and recommend improvements to the templates as needs arise and to keep all documentation up-to-date
· Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes, inter relationship/dependencies/interactions among system components and how things work end to end. Act as the "go-to" person on integration related questions
• SAP ABAP Development on HANA is preferred