Reporting to the Manager of Sales and Pricing Analyst and dotted line to the Chief Commercial Officer, the incumbent is responsible for providing leadership in the systems administration, systems implementation, systems development and technical support services for the CRM Salesforce.
The incumbent plays a business analysis, technical advisor, planning and operational role in customizing, developing and administering Salesforce.com and related AppExchange components with the express purpose of delivering on the goals and objectives of the client. Always taking a client-centric approach, the incumbent places strong emphasis on usability and ensures all solutions provide an optimal experience for both internal clients (employees) and external clients. The ideal candidate will have experience with technical implementations of salesforce projects, along with expertise in day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of our Salesforce instance.
The incumbent is responsible for working with internal clients to gather requirements and implement configuration and code changes. In addition, the incumbent will document system configuration and administrative processes. Furthermore, the incumbent will take a proactive approach to maintaining and optimizing the platform, providing technical advice, orientation, training, guidance and direction to administrative and academic clients, end users as well as delegated Salesforce systems administrators.
Leveraging strong client service, business analysis, planning, research and technical skills, the incumbent will conduct research, develop training manuals and best practices which will serve as the benchmarks in the administration of the client’s Salesforce.com instance.
The incumbent will keep abreast of Salesforce releases and features and make recommendations to the Salesforce architect and management team regarding implementation as required.
Three (3) year diploma/degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field;
· Salesforce.com (2 of the 3 certifications required);
· System Administrator Certification and/or;
· Platform App Builder Certification and/or;
· Platform Developer Certification.
· Advanced Salesforce Administrator Certification would be considered an asset;
· Combination of at least eight (8) years’ experience in IT:
· Business Analysis, Project Management and/or Salesforce Administration and/or Salesforce
· Development. Three (3) of these years must be in Salesforce Development and/or
· In-depth knowledge of standard capabilities of Salesforce.com and have successfully
expanded on those capabilities through the use of custom code (ie: Apex) and/or integration with external systems;
· Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools including standard Salesforce.com reporting functionality;
· Experience with lightning web components;
· Re-engineering experience updating an existing Salesforce.com configuration to provide
solutions for reporting, workflows and enhanced functions;
· Demonstrated ability to translate complex business processes into technical requirements;
· Demonstrated experience in planning and implementation of system upgrades and
· Demonstrated experience in documenting CRM policies & procedures.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Excellent client service skills;
· Experience in the use of Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA) an asset;
· Experience in the use of Education Data Architecture (EDA) as asset;
· Experience in migrating solutions to Lightning an asset.