Must be a United States citizen holding Top Secret Clearance with full scope polygraph. This is an onsite role so candidate must be located in or within a commutable distance to Fairfax, VA area. Applicants must already be located within the United States and this role is not eligible for sponsorship. This is not a union/represented role.
MUST HAVE: Proficient in one or more Object Oriented programming language such as C++; US CITIZEN; TOP SECRET/SCI CLEARANCE
Ability to break down very large, complex problems into manageable tasks
• Strong problem-solving and pattern recognition skills
• Ability to effectively communicate complex, technical findings through documentation
• Ability to write software code
• Ability to gather requirements from various sources, including end customers.
• Creativity in solving complex problems with limited resources
• Ability to maintain focus and direction with ambiguous requirements
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• C/C++ programming
• Linux, Linux Kernel modules/drivers
• Network Programming- TCP/IP protocols, BSD socket API, VOIP applications and protocols
• Ability to document and explain technical details clearly
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Computing Engineering or related field
• Proficient in one or more Object Oriented programming language such as C++
• Development experience in Windows and Linux Operating Systems
• Proficiency in written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
• Ability to meet deadlines on individual tasks
• Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Must be a U.S. citizen
Tips for a Successful Search
AVOID CANDIDATES WITH WORK BACKGROUND/WORK HISTORY AT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING COMPANIES:
1. Plantronics Inc.
2. Five9, Inc.
3. Marlin-SL Topco LP
4. Tendzact LLC
5. Jacada, Inc.
6. Sharpen Technologies, Inc.
7. Marshall Electronics, Inc.
8. AlixPartners, LLP
9. FTI Consulting, Inc.
10. RingCentral, Inc. (current or recent past)
Please do not submit anyone that is currently not in the Country or anyone that requires sponsorship now or in the future.
What is your reason for leaving your current role and employer, and what are you seeking to achieve in your next role?
What is it that motivates you about Avaya and this opportunity specifically?
Were you to be successful, what is your notice period/availability to start?
What are your gross salary expectations and are they flexible.
If you have worked for any employer for less than a year, please advise why you've left each role
INTERVIEW STEPS: Hiring manager will contact candidates directly to schedule interivews -> nd Interviews may be held - possibly with 1 other team member/possible panel -> Additional interviews may be required
SIGNING BONUS: NO
RELOCATION BONUS: NO