java microservices lead
San Francisco, CA 94101 United States
Roles & Responsibilities
As a member of our fast-growing engineering team, your responsibility will be to get involved in day-to-day development operations and solve complex problems of digitization to meet the demands of business.
To be successful, you must have a self-driven mindset, go getter attitude.
The responsibilities include:
- Writing the clean quality code & Understanding functional requirements thoroughly and analyzing the requirements in the context of the product
- Envisioning the overall solution for defined functional and non-functional requirements, and being able to define technologies, patterns and frameworks
- Determining and implementing design methodologies and tool sets
- Enabling application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities
- Being able to lead/support UAT and production roll outs
- Creating, understanding and validating estimated effort for given module/task, and being able to justify it
- Addressing issues promptly, responding positively to setbacks and challenges with a mindset of continuous improvement
- Giving constructive feedback to the team members and setting clear expectations
- Helping the team in troubleshooting and resolving complex bug
- Coming up with solutions to any issue that is raised during code/design review and being able to justify the decision taken
- Carrying out POCs to make sure that suggested design/technologies meet the requirements
- Carrying out DevOps activities which includes creating Jenkins pipeline
Java developer with a firm knowledge in object-oriented design and software development. Experience in building distributed, service oriented, micro-service-style and cloud-based solutions using Java Spring boot.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in Enterprise Java 8 and above
- Strong in Core Java (Collections, Threads, Regular Expressions, concurrency, Lambdas, Reactive, Exception handling).
- Strong experience in microservices and event driven processing systems
- Experience with architecting and implementing apps using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud including Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, and Spring Cloud.
- Good knowledge on relational database (Oracle) or NO SQL database is preferred
- Experience in writing & automating test scripts using Mockito/JUnit, SpringbootTest etc.
- Must have experience working with concepts like Domain Driven Design, Microservices, Reactive Architecture etc.
- Must be capable of doing code reviews and mentor the junior developers to drive towards high quality deliverables.
- Strong background culture of delivering projects with first time right / Zero defects in Production
- Very good analytical, problem solving ability, verbal, and written communication skills.